Welcome to the Gorilla Climbing League
(Top Rope Edition)
A day for you to grab your climbing buddy and climb as much as you can to win prizes! The Top Rope league will be held over 4 weekends for all 4 categories this April 2018
League Dates & Categories:
15th April 9.30-11.30am – U13 Boys & Girls
21st April 9.30-11.30am – Open Male & Female (17-34 years old as of 2018)
22nd April 9.30-11.30am– U16 Youth Boys & Girls
28th April 9.30-11.30am – Masters Male & Female (35 and above as of 2018)
HOW TO JOIN:
Competitors are to sign up via this LINK
Limited slots available. Final time allocation will be based on total number of sign-ups. Check in normally. Competitors can either pay a normal day pass or use their existing multi-pass, gorilla pass or season pass to check in.
*Gorilla Full Time Staff and Athletes are not allowed to participate in this league.
- SGD$1.00 per scorecard. You have to buy the scorecard from our front desk and submit it at the end of the competition.
- All competitors are to climb in a pair. All competitors must be top-rope verified at Gorilla Climbing Gym and display the yellow tag at all times during the competition.
- Only U13 competitors can bring their own belayers during the competition at no extra cost to the belayer who must be top-rope verified at Gorilla Climbing Gym and display the yellow tag at all times during the competition. (If belayer decides to stay on to climb after, he/she has to pay normal entry fees)
- There should be no hanging on the rope or assistance from the belayer during a climb.
- Once the climber has fallen off the wall, he/she must be lowered down immediately and re-queue to try again.
- Any unsafe climbing or belaying practices will result in disqualification.
- Scoring is based on route difficulty.
- Scores will be given once climber holds on to the last handhold with one hand and has gotten acknowledgement from the judge to come down.
- Total score at the end of the competition will determine the winner; determined by the highest total score attained by a climber.
5C: 100 points
5C+: 200 points
6A: 300 points
6A+: 500 points
6B: 700 points
6B+: 1000 points
6C: 1500 points
6C+: 1900 points
- Top 6 Female or Male climber in category based on total number of points accumulated
- Top scorer for Female or Male category based on the top 5 hardest routes completed
BATTLE OF THE SEXES event:
Here’s giving you more reason for you to gather all of your friends to join!
We will be combining all the points earned by each gender and the winning gender for that age category will be entitled to 50% off day passes to Gorilla Climbing Gym for a dedicated week in May 2018!
All winners will be announced over our official Facebook and Instagram page @gorillaclimbinggym